2022 MSBA Annual Conference in Cooperation with MASA Education Expo
November 4, 2022
Education Expo Schedule for Set up/Tear down
Nov 2 – Wednesday – Vehicles/Buses move in – Noon – 2:00 p.m.
Nov 3 – Thursday – All other vendors 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m..
Nov 4 – Day of Show – Open 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with teardown beginning at 4:30 p.m.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Applicants for exhibit space are required to read, complete, and sign the Exhibit Application Contract before submitting it to the Missouri School Boards’ Association (MSBA). The rules and regulations in this document are incorporated by reference into the contract. Submission of a signed contract constitutes agreement on the part of the vendor. MSBA reserves the right to render all interpretations and decisions, should questions arise, and to establish further regulations as may be deemed necessary to the general success and well-being of the conference. Exhibit management decisions and interpretations by MSBA shall be accepted as final in all cases.
- Exhibit booths are 10’ x 10’ with an 8’ draped backdrop and 36” draped side rail dividers.
- Booth rental includes one 8’ table, two side chairs, a booth identification sign and four exhibitor security badges. (Additional security badges available for $25 each.)
- Fern Expo and Harvest Productions are the contracted providers of all services connected to the Education Expo. Exhibitors will receive information from them regarding setting up booth space, shipping, electrical & Wi-Fi connections, change orders for furnishings, and booth teardown.
- Single booth price is $1,000.*
- Pricing available for end cap, island, and/or multiple booth spaces. Contact Sharon Horbyk at email@example.com or 573.445.9937.
*MSBA Partners, Associate, and Affiliate Members receive a $100 discount on single booth spaces.
A $100 service fee will be charged on all booth cancellations. Refunds (less the $100.00 service fee) will be made only if MSBA is notified in writing by mail or email by September 30, 2022. After that date, no refunds will be given. This cancellation policy applies to all exhibitors.
CONDUCT AND CHARACTER OF EXHIBIT
Vendors, products, programs, and services shall be consistent with the promotion of public education and MSBA. MSBA reserves the right to decline or prohibit any exhibit that, in its judgment, is out of keeping with the character of the exhibition. This reservation is all-inclusive as to persons, things, printed matter, products and conduct. In keeping with MSBA’s determination to provide the best possible atmosphere, each exhibitor agrees as follows:
• To keep and display only products of its own manufacture or supply.
• To display products and services in a tasteful manner.
DISTRIBUTION OF MERCHANDISE
Exhibitors may show, discuss, explain, and demonstrate items or services but may not make sales that result in exchange of merchandise or money in the Exhibit Hall. Interviews, demonstrations, distribution of literature, etc. are permitted only within the exhibit space or other properly designated areas. MSBA will not permit non-exhibitors to canvass, solicit, confer, or distribute literature or other promotional devices during the exposition. Exhibitors engaging in objectionable practices shall be subject to eviction without refund.
EXCLUSIVE USE OF SPACE
No exhibitor may assign, sublet, or apportion its space in whole or part, nor exhibit any products or services other than those manufactured or handled in the normal course of its business, nor permit any agent of any non-exhibiting firm to solicit business in the contracted space. MSBA reserves the right to make all decisions concerning exceptions or charge full booth rental fees to each company in violation.
EXHIBIT HALL HOURS
Friday, November 4, 2022 – 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
EXHIBITOR BOOTH TEAR-DOWN
Exhibitors shall not initiate tear-down or packing, nor shall they abandon their exhibit booth space prior to closing of the Education Expo at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, November 4. In the event Exhibitor begins tear-down prior to the close of the Expo, the Exhibitor will be in non-compliance, will be assessed an early breakdown fee of $250 and may be refused the right to exhibit at future MSBA events
MSBA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and MSBA staff and free of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. If an exhibitor experiences harassment or hears of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, MSBA asks that you inform either MSBA’s Chief Relationship Officer, Sharon Horbyk at firstname.lastname@example.org or MSBA’s Director of Events, Anne Tergedine at email@example.com so appropriate action can be taken.
If an exhibitor engages in unacceptable behavior as described in these rules, MSBA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removing the exhibitor from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and MSBA reserves the right to prohibit participation at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, MSBA staff member, or service provider.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, MSBA staff member, or service provider.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the Exhibit Hall, or at other events organized by MSBA throughout the conference. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator at any MSBA event.
Exhibitors represent that they and any agents or independent contractors they may employ are insured with comprehensive liability insurance, with coverage of at least $1,000,000 per claim for all claims arising out of an act or occurrence that an exhibitor or any agent of any independent contractor they employ may become legally obligated to pay. Under no circumstances is MSBA, the Kansas City Convention Center, or any of their respective parents, affiliates, shareholders, employees, agents, offers, directors, successors and assigns (collectively referred to as the “Event Providers”) liable for lost profits or other indirect, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages for any of their acts or omissions in connection with the Event, whether or not such Event Provider has been apprised of the possibility of such damages or lost profits. In no event will MSBA’s liability hereunder, or otherwise in connection with the Event, exceed the amount actually paid to it by the Exhibitor for the space. MSBA is not liable for any errors in any listing or descriptions or for omitting Exhibitor from the Event show guide or other materials.
Full payment for exhibit space must be made by October 14, 2022. Any exhibitor who fails to make payments when due expressly waives all rights to use of assigned space, and MSBA shall have full right to consider this agreement terminated and to lease that space to another exhibitor. Exhibiting companies who fail to occupy their exhibit space are not relieved of their obligation to pay the full booth rental price.
Please make a copy of these rules and regulations for your records.
Accept Terms for Expo Vendors