Capitol Plaza Hotel, Jefferson City
Missouri State Capital Building
9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
$75, includes lunch, materials, and bus transportation between hotel and capitol building
Plus . . . MSBA CBM Refresher Training
3 -6 p.m.
$75, includes materials and snacks
Learn more about the state education issues that impact your district, meet the representatives and senators voting on these issues, and celebrate the essential role public education plays in our democracy. How are you “edvocating” for your district?
Program at the Capitol Plaza Hotel, Jefferson City
- Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) Update
- HOT Legislative Issues Breakout Sessions such as:
- Overview of State Legislative Issues Impacting Public Schools
- Rural Broadband Access
- Teacher Compensation
- Local Tax Assessment
- Mental Health Resources
- Education Legislative Leaders Panel
- Hot Federal Legislative Issues
- How to Speak to the Media
Activities at the Capitol
- Make an Appointment and Meet with your Representatives and Senators!
- Tours of the Capitol Building
- Visit the Public School Student Showcase at the Rotunda, 3rd Floor
- Learn How to Testify in Committee Hearings on Behalf of Public Schools
Plus Certified Board Member Refresher Training
A new state law requires all Board members that have received their initial Board member training to receive one hour of refresher training each additional year that they serve. This training will satisfy the requirement for three years if there is no break in service. Come do your homework!