Heroes Among Us Award
Do you know someone in your schools or community who has gone above and beyond to ensure the children in your schools are safe? Is there someone in your school who has intervened in a situation that saved lives? Do you have a person in your school community who has developed a program that is having a dramatic impact on the climate and culture of your schools that is making our schools a safer place for teaching and learning to occur? If so, please take this opportunity to nominate this individual for this special recognition.
Nominations for this award will be accepted until March 31, 2019. One finalist will be selected from each of the MOSSA regions (provided there is a nominee from each region). Finalists will be identified by April 30, 2019 and will be invited to the award presentation at the 2019 Safe Schools and Colleges Conference, date and location to be announced.
Please submit the following:
1. Name and contact information of the person making the nomination.
2. Name of the person being nominated.
3. The position the nominee holds in the schools or community.
4. A brief summary (no more than 1 page single spaced) of why this person should be considered for this award.
5. Submitter will be contacted prior to the conference in order to obtain additional information and a photo of the nominee selected as a finalist.