MSBA has recently updated its Advocacy Positions document, which lists a wide variety of positions on state and federal issues. What is the most important to your school district? Has your district communicated your Board’s priorities to legislators?
A Delegate has the following responsibilities:
- Serve as the Liaison between MSBA and the local board of education.
- Report monthly to the local board on important issues identified by MSBA, including state and national issues and opportunities and concerns
related to public schools.
- Actively participate in the development and promotion of MSBA Advocacy Positions.
- Attend and participate in the MSBA Delegate Assemblies.
- The alternate delegate will assume the role of delegate if the delegate is unable to serve.
MSBA encourages districts to also appoint one or more Alternate Delegates to serve in the absence of the Delegate. Most districts designate a Delegate and Alternate Delegate at the school board’s reorganization meeting in the spring.
MSBA has scheduled Delegate Assemblies for the following date:
- June 18, 2021 – MSBA will hold a Delegate Assembly in conjunction with the MSBA Igniting Great Ideas Summit. Delegates will elect MSBA officers.
- November 5, 2021 – MSBA will hold a Delegate Assembly in conjunction with the MSBA Annual Conference in cooperation with MASA.