The MSBA Delegate Assembly approved the Advocacy Positions document at its meeting on September 28, 2018. This document articulates our association’s positions on issues related to public education. It is the basis for advocacy efforts as members work with lawmakers on the state and national levels.
Changes from the 2018 Fall Delegate Assembly include:
- II. Finance, A. Adequate and Equitable Public School Funding, 14. Internet Sales Tax (revised); 15. Early Childhood Education Funding (revised)
- II. Finance, J. Motor Fuel Tax (revised)
- III. Instruction, A. A+ Funding for Dual Credit, Dual Enrollment and AP Course (new), E. Instruction for Students Excluded for Behavior (new)
- IV. Personnel C. Collective Bargaining (revised), D. Disruptive Speech (new)
- V. School, Community and Family Relations D. Safe Schools 6, 7, 8, 9 (new)
- VI. School Board Governance and Operations M. School Board Elections (new)
Minutes from the Fall 2018 Delegate Assembly.
Each member district is entitled to at least one Delegate to represent their district at the MSBA Delegate Assembly. The position of Delegate is important to your Association!
Find out more about the duties of the MSBA Delegates.
Save the Date: Delegate Assemblies
June 8, 2019 – St. Charles
September 27, 2019 – Osage Beach
The Delegate Assembly in June is held in conjunction with the MSBA Leadership Summit and the assembly in September is held in conjunction with the Annual Conference. You do not need to attend the conferences in order to participate in the Delegate Assembly, but please pre-register.