The MSBA Delegate Assembly approved the Advocacy Positions document at its meeting on September 28, 2018. This document combines three previous advocacy documents – Legislative Resolutions, Platform Statements and position statements from the Missouri Public Education Vision Project Report.
Changes from the 2018 Fall Delegate Assembly include:
- II. Finance, A. Adequate and Equitable Public School Funding, 14. Internet Sales Tax (revised); 15. Early Childhood Education Funding (revised)
- II. Finance, J. Motor Fuel Tax (revised)
- III. Instruction, A. A+ Funding for Dual Credit, Dual Enrollment and AP Course (new), E. Instruction for Students Excluded for Behavior (new)
- IV. Personnel C. Collective Bargaining (revised), D. Disruptive Speech (new)
- V. School, Community and Family Relations D. Safe Schools 6, 7, 8, 9 (new)
- VI. School Board Governance and Operations M. School Board Elections (new)
This document articulates MSBA’s positions on issues related to public education. It is the basis for MSBA’s advocacy efforts on the state and national levels.
Save the Date: Delegate Assemblies
June 8, 2019 – St. Charles
September 27, 2019 – Osage Beach
The Delegate Assembly in June is held in conjunction with the MSBA Leadership Summit and the assembly in September is held in conjunction with the Annual Conference. You do not need to attend the conferences in order to participate in the Delegate Assembly, but please pre-register.