Submission deadline extended to April 17, 2020.
Welcome to the Request for Presentations online submission form. This year we are soliciting concurrent presentations for both the MSBA Annual Conference held Friday and Saturday, September 25 & 26 AND/OR the Safe Schools & Colleges Forum held Thursday, September 24. Submissions for the Safe Schools & Colleges Forum may be chosen for Thursday’s Safe Schools & Colleges Forum sessions or it may be chosen as a part of the safety strand within the Annual Conference.
Below are some points that will be considered in sessions that are accepted.
- The topic is of widespread interest to today’s school leaders or school safety personnel.
- Title describes the session’s topic in fewer than 45 characters.
- The description short, concise and gives a clear idea of the presentation contents. (Does not exceed 450 characters.)
- The learning objectives can be met in the allotted time.
- The role of the school governance or safety leadership team is clearly articulated.
- There is evidence that the program’s positive impact can be replicated in a wide variety of school systems.
- The presentation delivery methods are effective for adult learners.
- Presenters include a school board member, superintendent, safety coordinator, central office administrators or other school personnel.
We look forward to reviewing your proposal for a concurrent session for our conferences. MSBA requires acceptance of the Terms and Conditions prior to the submission of Presentation Proposals. Please read the following paragraphs carefully. Questions regarding material reproduction or Terms and Conditions may be directed to: Eileen Woody at MSBA, (573) 445-9920, ext. 318 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you accept the Terms and Conditions, be prepared to provide the following information:
1. Presenter Information – name, contact and email for lead presenter and co-presenters.
2. Session Title – concise, descriptive session title of no more than 45 characters.
3. Session Description – 450 characters (or less) description of the session for the conference program.
4. Session Length – 50-minute session or 90-minute session.
5. Special Requests – Specific day or time request or conflicts.
Terms and Conditions of Presentations
As a condition of speaking at the 2020 Annual conference and/or Safe Schools & Colleges Forum, I grant MSBA permission to record my 2020 presentation and to reproduce the recording; to prepare derivative works based on the recording; to distribute copies of the recording to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease or lending; to post the work on MSBA’s website for distribution; to replay the recording publicly; and/or to distribute the recording by means of a digital audio transmission. Agreeing to these terms does not prevent me from giving or recording the same presentation outside the 2020 MSBA Annual Conference and/or Safe Schools & Colleges Forum.
I additionally grant the MSBA a non-exclusive license to any presentation slides, overheads, handouts or other media I generate and utilize in my presentation, including the right to reproduce my work; prepare derivative works based upon the copyrighted work; to distribute copies to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease or lending; to post the work on MSBA’s website for distribution; to replay or display the work publicly, and/or to replay or display the work publicly by means of a digital audio transmission.
I agree to provide any presentation slides overheads, handouts or other media I will use in my presentation to MSBA in an electronic format acceptable to MSBA no later than September 7, 2020. I will prominently include my name, name of my firm, organization, agency, corporation or other relevant entity, in my work. I will not use material obtained from an outside source in a manner that violates state or federal laws, including laws protecting copyright and trademark. If such material is protected by copyright or trademark or otherwise requires permission from the owner for use, I will secure the necessary and proper permission from the owner that allows MSBA to reprint or otherwise distribute materials in my presentation or handouts and will provide written documentation of having obtained such necessary and proper permission upon MSBA’s request.
MSBA agrees to give me and my firm, organization, agency, corporation or other relevant entity credit for the presentation or media utilized in my presentation when and if the recording or the media is used or distributed to the public by MSBA in the future.