Submission deadline March 29, 2019
Welcome to the Request for Presentations online submission form. Below are some points that will be considered in sessions that are accepted.
- Is your topic relevant and interesting to today’s school leaders?
- Does the title describe the session’s topic in fewer than 45 characters?
- Is the description short, concise and give a clear idea of the presentation contents?
- Can the learning objectives be met in the 50 minute time slot?
- Is there evidence of creativity and innovation in the approach taken to this issue or topic?
- Is the role of the school leadership team clearly articulated?
- Can the program’s positive impact be replicated in a wide variety of school systems?
- Are planned delivery methods effective for adult learning?
- Do your presenters include a school board member or superintendent?
We look forward to reviewing your proposal of a 50-minute concurrent session for the annual conference. MSBA requires acceptance of the Terms and Conditions prior to the submission of Presentation Proposals. Please read the following paragraphs carefully. Questions regarding material reproduction or Terms and Conditions may be directed to: Eileen Woody at MSBA, (573) 445-9920, ext. 318 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you accept the Terms and Conditions, be prepared to provide the following information:
1. Presenter Information – name, contact and email for lead presenter and co-presenters.
2. Session Title – concise, descriptive session title of no more than 45 characters.
3. Session Description – 450 characters (or less) description of the session for the conference program.
4. Special Requests – Specific day or time request or conflicts.
Terms and Conditions of Presentations
As a condition of speaking at the 2019 Annual conference, I grant MSBA permission to record my 2019 presentation and to reproduce the recording; to prepare derivative works based on the recording; to distribute copies of the recording to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease or lending; to post the work on MSBA’s website for distribution; to replay the recording publicly; and/or to distribute the recording by means of a digital audio transmission. Agreeing to these terms does not prevent me from giving or recording the same presentation outside the 2019 MSBA Annual Conference.
I additionally grant the MSBA a non-exclusive license to any presentation slides, overheads, handouts or other media I generate and utilize in my presentation, including the right to reproduce my work; prepare derivative works based upon the copyrighted work; to distribute copies to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease or lending; to post the work on MSBA’s website for distribution; to replay or display the work publicly, and/or to replay or display the work publicly by means of a digital audio transmission.
I agree to provide any presentation slides overheads, handouts or other media I will use in my presentation to MSBA in an electronic format acceptable to MSBA no later than September 9, 2019. I will prominently include my name, name of my firm, organization, agency, corporation or other relevant entity, in my work. I will not use material obtained from an outside source in a manner that violates state or federal laws, including laws protecting copyright and trademark. If such material is protected by copyright or trademark or otherwise requires permission from the owner for use, I will secure the necessary and proper permission from the owner that allows MSBA to reprint or otherwise distribute materials in my presentation or handouts and will provide written documentation of having obtained such necessary and proper permission upon MSBA’s request.
MSBA agrees to give me and my firm, organization, agency, corporation or other relevant entity credit for the presentation or media utilized in my presentation when and if the recording or the media is used or distributed to the public by MSBA in the future.