COVID-19 is currently at the forefront of every school district’s thinking and planning processes. MSBA is here to assist you with supporting your students and staff. Following are some critical COVID-19 resources for Missouri school officials.
Select the resource to read more.
MSBA Pandemic Recovery Considerations:
- MSBA: Re-Entry and Reopening of Schools (Updated August 27, 2020: New Considerations for Physical Plant added) Note: This is a living document that will be updated as new information is learned and new ideas are shared. Please forward any comments or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Reopening Guidance:
- NEW NASSP: Leveraging Principals in System-Level Strategies for Recovery
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education: Missouri School Reopening Guidance
- Missouri State Teachers of the Year: Re-Entry Considerations from Missouri’s Teachers of the Year
- American Enterprise Institute: A Blueprint for Back-to-School
- CDC: Decision Tree
- National Council on School Facilities: COVID-19 State Guidance
- Missouri School Districts: Reopening Plans
MSBA Guidance for Board Members:
- NEW MSBA: Resolution to Work with the Local Health Department to Designate School Employees as Essential Workers and Maximize the Availability of Employees
- NEW MSBA: What Does it Mean to Designate School Employees “Essential Workers?”
- NEW MSBA: Are Masks Required By MSBA Policy?
- MSBA: Opening Jitters: Understanding Legal Concerns of New Cases in Reopened Schools
- MSBA: Resolution on Suspension of Policy
- MSBA: The Role of the School Board in Responding to the Coronavirus
- MSBA: Resolution in Response to Health Emergency
- MSBA: Guidance: Schools Are Closed – Now What?
- MSBA: Does My District Need to Amend Its Graduation Policy This Year?
MSBA Guidance on School Board Meetings:
- MSBA: Social Distancing: Can School Boards Meet Virtually? (April 20)
- MSBA: How Do We Hold a Board Meeting if Everyone Must Stay at Home? (April 3)
- MSBA: New Information: April Elections Are Delayed (April 2)
- MSBA: Public Comment and Virtual Meetings
- MSBA: How To Hold an Emergency Meeting and Comply with the Sunshine Law
- MSBA: Can the Board Discuss the District’s Response to COVID-19 In Closed (Executive) Session?
MSBA Personnel Guidance:
- NEW MSBA: USDOL Comments on Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- NEW MSBA: School Employees are Designated as “Essential Workers.” What Does that Mean?
- MSBA: New Federal COVID-19 Emergency Leaves Apply to All School Districts!
- MSBA: FMLA vs. FMLA for COVID-19 (EFMLA)
- MSBA: COVID-19 Leave Chart
State Orders and Waivers:
- Governor’s Order to Close Schools Through the End of the Year (April 9)
- Governor’s extension of teacher contract deadlines and waiver of Dyslexia screening: Administrative Memo COM-20-003 (April 9)
- Governor’s waiver of assessments, graduation requirements, transportation costs, and extension of contract deadlines for administrators: Administrative Memo COM-20-002 (April 3)
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Stay at Home Order (April 3)
- DESE Memo on Governor’s Waiver of Some Education Statutes (April 3)
- DESE Memo: “Department Cancels Required Statewide Assessments Due to COVID-19: Impact on Local Education Agencies and 2020 Graduating Seniors” (Updated April 3)
- Missouri Department of Higher Education: Guidance Related to A+ Scholarship Eligibility amid COVID-19 (March 20)
- Governor’s Order to Move April Elections (March 13)
- NEW USDOE Student Privacy Office: May Schools Disclose Information about Cases of COVID-19?
- NEW USDOE Office of Civil Rights: Questions and Answers for K-12 Public Schools In the Current COVID-19 Environment
- U.S. Department of Ed: FERPA and Virtual Learning
- U.S. Dept. of Ed: Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Preschool, Elementary and Secondary Schools While Serving Children with Disabilities
- U.S. Dept. of Ed:Protecting Students’ Civil Rights During COVID-19
Health and Safety:
- Courage2Report: May 2020 C2R Information Sharing Initiative
- SAMHSA: Technical Assistance Centers 2019
- HSI: S.T.O.P. COVID-19 Fraud: Strategic Targeted Outreach Program
- NASN: Interim Guidance: Role of the School Nurse in Return to School Planning
- CDC: Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with Local COVID-19 Transmission
- NACDD: Chronic Disease and COVID-19: What You Need to Know
- NASN: Safely Send and Receive Resources Between School and Home During COVID-19
- CDC: Guidance for Schools and Child Care Programs
- USDA: Are You Applying for Emergency or Summer Meals-To-You?
- USDA: Food and Nutrition Service Disaster Assistance
- CDC: Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- CDC: Helping Students Handle Stress
- CDC: Emergency Preparedness and Response
- CDC: Keeping the Workplace Safe
- MO DHSS: Missouri Coronavirus (COVID-19) Hotline: 877-435-8411
Online Learning and Working:
- NEW DESE: Distance Learning Strategies: By Missouri Teachers, For Missouri Teachers
- NEW DESE: Missouri Learning, Engagement and Preparation (MO LEAP) Assessments
- MOREnet: Remote Work Resources
- MSBA: A Sampling of Missouri Districts with COVID-19 Links
- MSBA: Sharing the Wealth: Shrinking your Digital Footprint in Times of High Demand
- Quality Matters: Emergency Remote Instruction Checklist
- OSEP: Center on Online Learning and Students with Disabilities
- COSN: Cybersecurity Considerations in a COVID-19 World
- COSN: Video Conferencing Tools in the Age of Remote Learning: Privacy Considerations for New Technologies
- MO DHSS: COVID-19 Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel
- CDC: Interim Guidance for Administrators of US K-12 Schools and Childcare Programs
- Scholastic: Instructional Support for Remote Learning
- MO DHSS: Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Mental Health America: Mental Health And COVID-19 – Information And Resources