School safety training sessions are now available at NO COST to all schools throughout the state thanks to funding approved by the Missouri General Assembly. The training sessions are being provided by the Missouri School Boards’ Association’s Center for Education Safety. Training session topics including the following:
- Active Shooter School Bus Training
- Active Shooter Training
- Crossing the Line: When Educators Become Predators
- Emergency Operations Planning
- Office Key to Safety
- School Safety Legal Updates
- Transportation Safety
- Radicalization Recognition
- MOUs (Memorandum of Understanding)
- Risk Management
- Reporting Between District and Law Enforcement
- What is a Safety Assessment?
- Interviewing Students at School
- Coming soon: De-escalation
Trainings will be held by school and/or by region. Please contact Gerry Lee to schedule these trainings: 573-638-7501 or 1-800-221-6722
Important Behavioral and Mental Health Training ALSO Available!
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and CES have been awarded a grant from the Bureau of Justice Assistance. The grant will allow CES to provide two types of training: Missouri Behavioral Risk Assessment Team Training and Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA). Both are 8 hour training sessions. Behavioral Risk remains for teams of 4, while YMHFA is open for any/all staff although number of participants may be limited per session. Both trainings include materials and on-going support calls with CES staff. These training sessions are also available for all Missouri schools at NO COST.
Please contact Amy Bledsoe to schedule these trainings: 573-638-7501 or 1-800-221-6722