Thank you for agreeing to be the MSBA Delegate or Alternate for your school district! Your district is a member of MSBA and you have been given the responsibility of a Delegate, but what does that mean?
The delegate serves as the liaison between the local board of education and MSBA. In this capacity, the delegate
- Will attend the MSBA Delegate Assemblies in the summer and fall;
- Participate in the development of MSBA Advocacy Positions;
- Serve as an advocate for public education through communication with elected officials;
- Share information between the school board and MSBA.
and the Alternate?
- The alternate delegate will assume the role of delegate if the delegate is unable to serve.